Post Reply  Post Thread 
Female Prison Guards Often Behind Sex Misconduct
charlesh1609
Lamar, where's my Harpers?

Group: Registered

Mont. prison sex inquiry reveals female sexual abuse of male inmates is complicated problem

By MATT GOURAS
The Associated Press

HELENA, Mont.

Inmate Michael Murphy usually started by seeking a small favor. That would often lead to a kiss or love letters. And in at least five cases, he convinced female prison employees to have sex with him or do other illegal favors.

In each of those cases, the female corrections employees were caught, shamed and forced out of a job, according to documents detailing an investigation by Montana prison officials and obtained by The Associated Press after an open-records lawsuit.

The female officers described Murphy as the aggressor, even as the predator. But that makes no difference in either state or federal penitentiaries, where prison employees — male or female — are the violators if they have sex with inmates.

A Justice Department study shows that cases like Murphy's are common: Female staff are more often implicated than their male counterparts in prison sexual misconduct. While many cases could be considered consensual, incarceration experts and female prison guards say the problem is much more complicated.

In some cases, the women reported that they couldn't say no to the inmate out of fear, or were afraid to go to a co-worker out of shame at what had happened. One small mistake often led to something else.

Experts say there is a culture of silence in the prisons that makes it difficult for female guards to come forward with problems before they spin out of control.

Here's a wild and crazy thought.  How about you KEEP YOUR LEGS TOGETHER, AND DO YOUR DAMN JOB, Woman!  That IS why you go to work, right?  RIGHT?  Silly me, I was expecting you to be the strong, intelligent, independent, and capable professional you claim to be.

Documents detailing the state investigation into Murphy's liaisons show he persuaded at least five Montana female prison employees to break the rules over several years. He even convinced his therapist to have sex with him, and was able to arrange one-on-one meetings with her even though prison officials knew of his past history with female workers.

Cover-up charges were filed against one of the female prison workers. Murphy, 36, faced no charges. He is serving time for theft, forgery and other charges.

No sexual assault charges were filed at the time against the women due to lack of evidence, according to the documents. But in letters to newspapers and in a request to the ACLU of Montana, Murphy wrote that he had been sexually assaulted by some of the women. Prison officials would not allow him to be interviewed for this story.

The confidential and lengthy internal investigation tells a complicated tale about how an inmate manipulated prison staff.

The therapist, for instance, told internal investigators that she knew she had been manipulated and compromised. She said she allowed Murphy to kiss her one day in her office and the relationship spiraled out of control from there.

"spiraled out of control".  Right.  Well, I'm sure I speak for all when I express my admiration for the HR Department that advertised for, sought out, interviewed and hired such an educated, intelligent, principled professional.  It's unfortunate that she was outsmarted by a criminal.  NO ONE could have foreseen that a convict would attempt to game the prison staff.  Clearly there was nothing she could have done to prevent this.  Clearly, SHE'S the victim here..

The man who once ran New York City's corrections department has little sympathy for female prison workers who see themselves as victimized in these cases.

Martin Horn, now a professor at the John Jay College of Criminal Justice, said female workers who have sex with inmates are often treated less harshly by officials than male worker who do the same.

"As long as we have a double standard we are going to see these kind of behaviors," Horn said. "It is a very slippery slope we go down if we say we are not going to hold female officers to the same standard."

A 2007 U.S. Department of Justice study analyzing the prevalence of sexual assault in state and federal prisons found that 58 percent of staff perpetrators of sexual misconduct were female.

One expert on the issue says the "culture of silence" in prisons makes it tough on the female workers.

"Even if the staff did small favors, they should have felt free enough to communicate with their superiors about the fact that they were by being blackmailed by the inmate," said Brenda Smith, a law professor at American University who has studied prison rape issues.

Montana corrections officials said they have cases dating back to 2003 where two female workers at the state prison in Deer Lodge were disciplined for some sort of undisclosed involvement with Michael Murphy. Murphy rocked the prison again in 2008 when it was learned three more had become involved with him.

The prison launched a lengthy internal investigation, and Murphy was later transferred to a facility in Glendive.

Montana State Prison Warden Mike Mahoney said 41 percent of the system's employees are female. He said it is impossible to separate female staff from any particular inmate, even one who has proven skilled at compromising workers.

He said the prison always stresses to workers not to get involved with inmates in even the smallest way, and to never reveal personal details of any type. The warden said Murphy's case, though, will likely provide lessons to improve the training.

Copyright 2010 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Copyright © 2010 ABC News Internet Ventures

So to sum up, once again, women are equal to men.  They can do any job that men can do.  In the event that, for some inexplicable reason, they CAN'T do the job, it's the fault of men.  And holding women to the same standard as men is oppressive and unfair.

Got it.

Do we even need to discuss what happens to MALE prison guards who have sex with female inmates?

Get in where you fit in.

No thanks, lady.  Keep your number.  I don't DO Ghetto.
03-15-2010 11:22 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Filmmaker-TimAlexander
Moderator, Originator & Forum Elder

Group: Moderator & Originator
RE: Female Prison Guards Often Behind Sex Misconduct

"prison sex inquiry reveals female sexual abuse of male inmates is complicated problem" - No its not - just take them out of the prisons!  Send all of the women guards to work at women's prisons, and the male guards to work at male prisons - Problem solved!  See, it is not that complicated!

[b]Yes, I made the film, and I am here.  I'm the "Chief Forum Elder" with Forum Elder Elder Ra (IslandRa) & Forum Elder Evens working hard to help others to see, learn and grow.[/b]
03-15-2010 11:31 AM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
charlesh1609
Lamar, where's my Harpers?

Filmmaker-TimAlexander Wrote:
"prison sex inquiry reveals female sexual abuse of male inmates is complicated problem" - No its not - just take them out of the prisons!  Send all of the women guards to work at women's prisons, and the male guards to work at male prisons - Problem solved!  See, it is not that complicated!

Tim, you're speaking logic.  What the hell are you thinking?

The bolded statement is yet another pussy pass for allowing females to do whatever they want, including sampling a smorgasbord of thugdick and yet still be held unaccountable for their choices and actions.  Imagine a MALE prison guard trying to argue his way out of screwing female inmates with this; "Well, it's true that I'M the one in authority, I'M the one with the power to punish, transfer and/or otherwise discipline, but - It's Complicated.  It's not really my fault."

Bullshit on top of bullshit is bullshit.  And the very females who run around all day, EVERY day barking that bark "I'm a  STRONG! EDUCATED!  INDEPENDENT! PROFESSIONAL!" are only too happy to give these dumbass skanks another pass - if they speak about it at all.  (But if you're a male, you can be fired for LOOKING at a female.  You can be arrested for TALKING to a female.  And you can be jailed because, well, she FELT uncomfortable.)

Get in where you fit in.

No thanks, lady.  Keep your number.  I don't DO Ghetto.
03-15-2010 01:14 PM
Demondog Prime
Legends of the Forum

Our society enables women.

That's why they believe they are still entitled to enjoy the privileges of yesteryear...
and yet avoid the obligations of today.

www.theilluminationhub.com/forums

"Never argue with idiots, they will bring you down to their level and beat you with their experience."    
03-15-2010 01:36 PM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
evens1
Forum Elder

charlesh1609 Wrote:

Tim, you're speaking logic.  What the hell are you thinking?

The bolded statement is yet another pussy pass for allowing females to do whatever they want, including sampling a smorgasbord of thugdick and yet still be held unaccountable for their choices and actions.  Imagine a MALE prison guard trying to argue his way out of screwing female inmates with this; "Well, it's true that I'M the one in authority, I'M the one with the power to punish, transfer and/or otherwise discipline, but - It's Complicated.  It's not really my fault."

Bullshit on top of bullshit is bullshit.  And the very females who run around all day, EVERY day barking that bark "I'm a  STRONG! EDUCATED!  INDEPENDENT! PROFESSIONAL!" are only too happy to give these dumbass skanks another pass - if they speak about it at all.  (But if you're a male, you can be fired for LOOKING at a female.  You can be arrested for TALKING to a female.  And you can be jailed because, well, she FELT uncomfortable.)

"just take them out of the prisons!  Send all of the women guards to work at women's prisons, and the male guards to work at male prisons - Problem solved! "

Ah I am so sorry to have to inform you that this won't stop them either. Many of the females will simply continue having sex with the female inmates.

THINK FOR A MINUTE

What kind of females would want to work in a dangerous place like a prison?

ANSWER

Females who are desperate to have power.

QUESTION

Prison guards can (and will ) dominate the prisoners when they can. That is their job! If a female (or male) has that much power over others and does not have discipline, there are going to be incidents where the guards, sex the inmates.

The dang article was bull because of the stance that they used. Poor female guards are being suckered by mean evil males into pulling off their panties and screwing them in the prison. Icon_exclaim

What bull!

EV

[b]In this time of "Me, Me, Me" thinking, no matter what you do, it's still always about "Us"![/b]
03-15-2010 02:10 PM
skii
Legends of the Forum

Just nasty.  Most of those men probably have some disease and have been sleeping with each other, not to mention the abuse of power.  Anyway I don't see how a person can look at this and conclude that female prison guards can't do their jobs.  If women are 58% of the problem then male guards are 42%.  But no one is claiming that male prison guards are incapable because they are nearly half the problem.  Basically some people are perverts who abuse their power, and most people, male or female, don't have this issue.  I'd bet that most prison guards wouldn't go there.

[quote=IndependentBlackman]
It is sad when a white man in drag is sexier than black women. [/quote]

:lol:
03-15-2010 02:16 PM
Filmmaker-TimAlexander

How does a woman actually take of her undergarments and have sex with a nasty smelly prisoner - especially when they know good and well what goes on in there?  And I wonder if she happened to have a condom with her that day - the prisoners don't!  and if she did... Then that means she had plans!

[b]Yes, I made the film, and I am here.  I'm the "Chief Forum Elder" with Forum Elder Elder Ra (IslandRa) & Forum Elder Evens working hard to help others to see, learn and grow.[/b]
03-15-2010 02:24 PM
skii
Legends of the Forum

How does a woman actually take of her undergarments and have sex with a nasty smelly prisoner - especially when they know good and well what goes on in there?  And I wonder if she happened to have a condom with her that day - the prisoners don't!  and if she did... Then that means she had plans!

I heard that they give the prisoners condoms because they have sex with each other so frequently.  Don't know how true that is.

[quote=IndependentBlackman]
It is sad when a white man in drag is sexier than black women. [/quote]

:lol:
03-15-2010 02:26 PM
Filmmaker-TimAlexander

But they are not supposed to, and they are supposed to get disciplined if they do have sex - so that would be confusing.  And besides, they don't care about them anyways, so I would doubt if they cared who got what.

03-15-2010 02:35 PM
IslandRa
Kruncked Out Forum Elder

It is the same as teaching abstinence and handing out condoms.  You know some are not going to listen and it is better that a man in prison for only 5 years not get aids and bring it outside to the civilian populous than to let them kill themselves and threaten the rest of us with a disease caught in prison.

They use overinflated and unrealistic standards to reject normal men, but somehow wind up fucking deadbeats, players, thugs and all around assholes.
  -- unfoolish1
03-15-2010 02:56 PM
etdouglas
New To Forum

My uncle who was recently released from prison talked about how the some of the female guards would have sex with prisoners.  For the guards, it's a no commitment type of relationship.  They know exactly where the dude is and can do whatever they want.  He actually said that some of the prisoners get jealous, asking the guards where they were the previous night and what the heck were they doing.  LOL.  Dude, you are in prison and you're having sex with a female, shut up and be grateful.

03-17-2010 03:17 PM
drjomc
Will return when order is restored.

Group: Banned

etdouglas Wrote:
 Dude, you are in prison and you're having sex with a female, shut up and be grateful.

LOL!  At the risk of coming across insensitive, this statement made me laugh!

Now which one of you NAUGHTY chillin' been messin' wit da SHADOWMAN?!?!
03-17-2010 03:24 PM
etdouglas
New To Forum

Yeah it was supposed to be funny, because it's true.  One of the main punishments for being in prison is not being able to have relations with the opposite sex.  I don't think it's insensitive to say.  If they are guilty, they deserve to be in there and face the consequences.  Yet somehow they get to have sex, not only with a woman, but a prison guard, the very one that is there to enforce their punishment?  Talk about finding oil in the desert.  They bucked the system, now don't mess it up.

03-17-2010 03:57 PM
Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites
Rate This Thread: