Post Reply  Post Thread 
Pages (7): < Previous 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 Next >
Why alot of black women are overly-aggressive?
Author Message
aliciaJames
Moderate Poster
***


Gender: Female
Posts: 53
Group: Registered
Joined: May 10, 2010
Status: Offline
Reputation: 0
Post: #16
RE: Why alot of black women are overly-aggressive?

evens1 Wrote:

IslandRa Wrote:
A.B.W.  Angry Blackwoman Syndrome...  

This is not a clinically recognized epidemic yet but it is a condition that was coined in Tim's film and which at least labels the anger, attitude and aggressive bitterness of black women.

It is a syndrome because it is passed form mother to daughter for generation after generation.

It has been the norm for so long, that these women are not even aware of it as a problem or negative.  They just think they are what they are and that's that.

This is why it is so difficult to get a woman to see herself and want to change.


Alicia James (aka Gina) wrote: "On a popular black message board.....(when a) question is posed to black men..... the women try to dominate the thread."

That is the same mistake that many Black females make here.Icon_stressed

Icon_arrowIcon_arrowIcon_arrow(Mz Meadows: did you hear that?)

They also did it in my group and on You Tube as well. In fact, this is exactly what many Black females do in their homes to the guys that they marry or live with.

To take things a little further - This same behavior is why many Black men tend to [b]RUN from Black females. Who the hell would accept being stepped on like this?[/b]

This stems from the same old belief: Black Men Are No Good, which leads to... even the few good ones don't know what they are doing, so "we" (Black females) know better.

Since when?

EV


Most Black men  whether they be American, Caribbean, or African are with BLACK women! Just so you know that.

06-29-2010 03:20 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
aliciaJames
Moderate Poster
***


Gender: Female
Posts: 53
Group: Registered
Joined: May 10, 2010
Status: Offline
Reputation: 0
Post: #17
RE: Why alot of black women are overly-aggressive?

IslandRa Wrote:
A.B.S.  Angry Blackwoman Syndrome...  

This is not a clinically recognized epidemic yet but it is a condition that was coined in Tim's film and which, at least, labels the anger, attitude and aggressive bitterness of black women.

It is a syndrome because it is passed from mother to daughter for generation after generation.

It has been the norm for so long, that these women are not even aware of it as a problem or negative.  They just think they are what they are and that's that.

This is why it is so difficult to get a woman to see herself and want to change.


It's attitude in general, I can't fathom women would act like this with men too but I guess so. the worst victims are other black women! So while many black women are quick to call Black men self-hating, they never think how their own attitudes towards other black women and black men is also self-hate as well.

06-29-2010 03:22 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
aliciaJames
Moderate Poster
***


Gender: Female
Posts: 53
Group: Registered
Joined: May 10, 2010
Status: Offline
Reputation: 0
Post: #18
RE: Why alot of black women are overly-aggressive?

outlaw4ever Wrote:
omg. this is not anything new. black women are right and men are wrong. thats how all black women feel towards men. its not about being angry. We owe them every thing. our pay check. our homes. our kids. out souls. its not that they are angry. if we gave them all of these things you will never hear them complain. thus, the saying angry black women would not exist. just give them every thing they want.


I don't feel that way towards men and I don't think it's a woman vs man thing. I think too many Black women are too aggressive, think they know everything and are argumentative and nasty. I who started this topic am myself a Black woman, unless you missed that part. I have no attitude but I find the majority of BW/too many to be extremely nasty and generally overly-aggressive. I am not saying other races are nicer( because in general other women are just as nasty, as well as racist towards us). What I am saying though is that as black people we have unique issues and being aggressive to other blacks, fighting them in the workplace, acting more manly than men(when you're a woman) makes things worse for us.

06-29-2010 03:25 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
aliciaJames
Moderate Poster
***


Gender: Female
Posts: 53
Group: Registered
Joined: May 10, 2010
Status: Offline
Reputation: 0
Post: #19
RE: Why alot of black women are overly-aggressive?

diamondlife Wrote:
BW are looking at BM through white societies' eyes and have internalized white people's disgust for black people.


It's easy to feel that way but as an attitude-free Black woman, I think it's a general attitude PERIOD. not aimed only towards black men but others in general.

06-29-2010 03:27 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
aliciaJames
Moderate Poster
***


Gender: Female
Posts: 53
Group: Registered
Joined: May 10, 2010
Status: Offline
Reputation: 0
Post: #20
RE: Why alot of black women are overly-aggressive?

Sam Baron Wrote:
Black women will say "Well what den, we got to be PERFECT and be all some goody goody Little Miss Sunshine?!"

No, its never EVER about being PERFECT. Its dumb to even expect that. Women in general give men a hard time, thats "perfectly" understandable.

The OP said it herself in the thread title, overly-aggressive. Its the "overly" part that matters. Its how its gotten to extreme levels beyond acceptability. Its gotten to be too much. And its just about trying to dial it back some at the VERY LEAST.

And in dealing with anger, you then can deal with the bigger picture because its all interconnected


Tell me about it. But I think black men can change those types more than we other black women can. Why? Because men make the rules on what's attractive or not. Black men rant here but never speak up when it's going on in general. Sometimes but in general no.

06-29-2010 03:29 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
aliciaJames
Moderate Poster
***


Gender: Female
Posts: 53
Group: Registered
Joined: May 10, 2010
Status: Offline
Reputation: 0
Post: #21
RE: Why alot of black women are overly-aggressive?

Evens, I NEVER have been an aggressive, angry, mean person ever so I didn't get over anything. There are many mellow, kind, feminine black women out there like me. I'm saying I notice it among OTHER black women, too many!

evens1 Wrote:

Meadows Wrote:

evens1 Wrote:

IslandRa Wrote:
A.B.W.  Angry Blackwoman Syndrome...  

This is not a clinically recognized epidemic yet but it is a condition that was coined in Tim's film and which at least labels the anger, attitude and aggressive bitterness of black women.

It is a syndrome because it is passed form mother to daughter for generation after generation.

It has been the norm for so long, that these women are not even aware of it as a problem or negative.  They just think they are what they are and that's that.

This is why it is so difficult to get a woman to see herself and want to change.


Alicia James (aka Gina) wrote: "On a popular black message board.....(when a) question is posed to black men..... the women try to dominate the thread."

That is the same mistake that many Black females make here.Icon_stressed

Icon_arrowIcon_arrowIcon_arrow(Mz Meadows: did you hear that?)

They also did it in my group and on You Tube as well. In fact, this is exactly what many Black females do in their homes to the guys that they marry or live with.

To take things a little further - This same behavior is why many Black men tend to RUN from Black females. Who the hell would accept being stepped on like this?

This stems from the same old belief: Black Men Are No Good, which leads to... even the few good ones don't know what they are doing, so "we" (Black females) know better.

Since when?

EV


Now EV, really? When have I ever been rude to you or overstepped you on this forum? You're saying I've cursed you out, attacked you on a personal level, and made it my business to stuff my opinions down your throat until you cried uncle! Or have I just disagreed with you, which I guess amounts to the same thing in your mind. You know just because you say a thing doesn't make it true, right? So what, if I don't agree with your agenda or pronouncements, as long as I keep it respectful.

And please if you are going to bring up BA89 or IBM, I am willing to leave junior high just as soon as they are. I will of course take them seriously when they start acting serious
Icon_neutral

Mz Meadows Icon_rolleyes

Boy oh boy! Why do you want to spend your life operating in the subconscious? Look up at the things you say and tell me that you are not disrespectful? Stop lying to us and to yourself Mz Meadows!


YOUR MISTAKES

1.) The quote I used was "women try to dominate the thread" ----- Mz Meadows, the word WOMEN is plural. Somehow your ego had no choice but to turn it into a SINGULAR word as if the statement was a direct attack on you.

The word WOMEN, as in "women try to dominate the thread", --- means that you and other females together have been trying to dominate the TBM board.

Mz James said that this something that she noticed on other Black boards and I agree with her. I made a direct comment to you because you are guilty of doing it and I am sure that you don't understand that you are doing it. That my dear means that I am trying to help you SEE reality, so why bother denying the truth that we all see?

Are you sure you know what the truth is in this case Mz Meadows?

2.) Comments such as "if you are going to bring up BA89 or IBM, I am willing to leave junior high just as soon as they are." are typical comments made by females that we all call ANGRY BLACK FEMALES.

You want me to think that you are somehow neutral and simply trying to debate or display your point, but you don't seem to understand that we have seen your point a thousand times over from hundreds of females. You are saying nothing new Mz Meadows, you are instead doing exactly what many other females and a handful of confused men have done over and over again on this board.

Your logic is ALL based on ---- Don't lump me in with those angry black females. Aka - Don't generalize me - Aka - Don't make me feel bad by saying things about Black females. - Aka - You guys are being mean to ME. This, Mz Meadows is a classic display of NARCISSISTIC BEHAVIOR. (look up the meaning)

In the course of your defensive behaviors, you are trying to deny the reality of tens of millions of Black men in this country and millions of others throughout the world.

Let's face the "truth" Mz Meadows - you are doing all this to try to feel that you are doing "good". In the process you are invalidating the reality of millions of Black men and turning off many of them who happen to see your words. By turning these men off, you are assuring that exactly what you have suggested to several here (including the male troll) occurs. Find a nice woman of any color is your suggestion on several threads. After seeing your comments, that is exactly what many of them will do.

One of the main purposes of this group is to ENLIGHTEN BLACK FEMALES about their behavioral problems and help them CHANGE before the Black community is split. This will never happen as long as Black females can not get over EGO DEFENSE.

Alicia James has done it, so you can change too. Icon_up

Think about it for a few days before you say anything - aka - Do Not fire back a "reflex" response. Think!

EV

06-29-2010 03:32 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
WisdomSeeker
New To Forum
*


Gender: Female
Posts: 1
Group: Registered
Joined: Jun 29, 2010
Status: Offline
Reputation: 0
Post: #22
RE: Why alot of black women are overly-aggressive?

I consider part of the problem to be the media as a deliberate enabler.  The media has set the stereotype for black women. How often have you watched a program where the black female is successful, calm, and confident and speaks to a black man with respect and is being respected in return? Now, how many times have you watched a program where a man is getting ‘owned’ by a black woman—from the loud speech, head waving, finger pointing, slang talking, to the out right disrespectful address to the male in question?  Now, which one do you remember most? Which one gets better ratings?

My belief is that many black girls and boys see the images on television or the movies and confuse it with real life. Especially, if they don’t come from a two-parent households where respectful interactions are the norm. Seen out of context (when they are too young to process fact and fiction), the internal statement becomes “that’s the way we’re supposed to act”. Couple that with the image of black (popular) entertainers (not all of them) who sing, talk or otherwise demonstrate their lack of respect for black men/women, and you have a recipe for disaster.

I also believe these false images bleed over onto everything else; such as not knowing how to disagree and still remain respectful or not knowing how to apologize when we know we are wrong because doing either of these makes the other ‘weak’.  All children emulate what they see… its called social learning and it is how all humans learn. One of the characters of the show said it best in that we need to be more aware of the types of images we are putting in our children’s heads.
____________________________________________________________
I will try to remember that every time I fix my hand to point the finger at you, there are always three fingers pointing back at me.

06-29-2010 04:41 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Sam Baron
Legends of the Forum
*****


Gender: Male
Posts: 878
Group: Registered
Joined: Apr 01, 2007
Status: Offline
Reputation: 3
Post: #23
RE: Why alot of black women are overly-aggressive?

skii Wrote:
Dealing with  a lot of stress with a small safety net.


Thats life, hon. We're all in shit's creek without a paddle. "Women and children first" means you get priority in being spared when the food runs out in the raft. Leave the woman a frozen cup of sperm and she can procreate.


.

[color=purple] [i]"Never let your sense of morals get in the way of doing what's right."
— Isaac Asimov[/i][/color]

http://freedomkeys.com/vigil.htm
06-29-2010 07:37 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Sam Baron
Legends of the Forum
*****


Gender: Male
Posts: 878
Group: Registered
Joined: Apr 01, 2007
Status: Offline
Reputation: 3
Post: #24
RE: Why alot of black women are overly-aggressive?

aliciaJames Wrote:

Sam Baron Wrote:
Black women will say "Well what den, we got to be PERFECT and be all some goody goody Little Miss Sunshine?!"

No, its never EVER about being PERFECT. Its dumb to even expect that. Women in general give men a hard time, thats "perfectly" understandable.

The OP said it herself in the thread title, overly-aggressive. Its the "overly" part that matters. Its how its gotten to extreme levels beyond acceptability. Its gotten to be too much. And its just about trying to dial it back some at the VERY LEAST.

And in dealing with anger, you then can deal with the bigger picture because its all interconnected


Tell me about it. But I think black men can change those types more than we other black women can. Why? Because men make the rules on what's attractive or not. Black men rant here but never speak up when it's going on in general. Sometimes but in general no.

The bad boys are holding their women down. Doesn't mean its quality women, but they do their thing.

Its the GOOD men that have to make a big fuss. The bad boys don't really concentrate on the issue because they're busy concentrating on the poon. Good for them I guess. Just the black populace doesnt sake the "Man" black man seriously enough. Its a "consider your sources" type of thing. Like I said in another thread, if you aint Shemar Moore and Boris Kodjoe, deaf ears awaits your message.

Men will attempt to make rules like they always do. But men arent backed up by the powerful industries anymore. Media, government, even SCIENCE which is supposed to be impartial. Its sickening. The only organization I see backing men up is old fashioned religion. (Too bad I'm an atheist... Icon_sad )

Its why the director of the movie had to get on the biggest platform he can get with the loudest megaphone to drive the point home....see how this is making sense now? Even if its all a money and publicity stunt, its one that has some darn truth to it all the same. People call Michael Moore the director of Fahrenheit 9/11 a biased self aggrandizing hack, but they come out of his movies INFORMED and with a unique perspective to at least make you think.


.

[color=purple] [i]"Never let your sense of morals get in the way of doing what's right."
— Isaac Asimov[/i][/color]

http://freedomkeys.com/vigil.htm
06-29-2010 07:54 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Dimaati
Foodie Addict
*****


Gender: Female
Posts: 1,165
Group: Registered
Joined: Jun 08, 2010
Status: Offline
Reputation: 2
Post: #25
RE: Why alot of black women are overly-aggressive?

aliciaJames Wrote:

outlaw4ever Wrote:
omg. this is not anything new. black women are right and men are wrong. thats how all black women feel towards men. its not about being angry. We owe them every thing. our pay check. our homes. our kids. out souls. its not that they are angry. if we gave them all of these things you will never hear them complain. thus, the saying angry black women would not exist. just give them every thing they want.


I don't feel that way towards men and I don't think it's a woman vs man thing. I think too many Black women are too aggressive, think they know everything and are argumentative and nasty. I who started this topic am myself a Black woman, unless you missed that part. I have no attitude but I find the majority of BW/too many to be extremely nasty and generally overly-aggressive. I am not saying other races are nicer( because in general other women are just as nasty, as well as racist towards us). What I am saying though is that as black people we have unique issues and being aggressive to other blacks, fighting them in the workplace, acting more manly than men(when you're a woman) makes things worse for us.


I've seen the trend more in the workplace than elsewhere & it's insane.


"What's the point of havin' a rapier wit if I can't use it to stab people?"

Jeph Jacques, Questionable Content, #1615, March 2010
06-30-2010 09:29 AM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
evens1
Forum Elder
*****


Gender: Male
Posts: 2,473
Group: Registered
Joined: Mar 06, 2007
Status: Offline
Reputation: 9
Post: #26
RE: Why alot of black women are overly-aggressive?

Dimaati Wrote:

aliciaJames Wrote:

outlaw4ever Wrote:
omg. this is not anything new. black women are right and men are wrong. thats how all black women feel towards men. its not about being angry. We owe them every thing. our pay check. our homes. our kids. out souls. its not that they are angry. if we gave them all of these things you will never hear them complain. thus, the saying angry black women would not exist. just give them every thing they want.


I don't feel that way towards men and I don't think it's a woman vs man thing. I think too many Black women are too aggressive, think they know everything and are argumentative and nasty. I who started this topic am myself a Black woman, unless you missed that part. I have no attitude but I find the majority of BW/too many to be extremely nasty and generally overly-aggressive. I am not saying other races are nicer( because in general other women are just as nasty, as well as racist towards us). What I am saying though is that as black people we have unique issues and being aggressive to other blacks, fighting them in the workplace, acting more manly than men(when you're a woman) makes things worse for us.


I've seen the trend more in the workplace than elsewhere & it's insane.

Dimaati wrote: "I've seen the trend more in the workplace than elsewhere & it's insane."

That is true, but what even the original poster STILL does not understand is that these same Black females (not all thank God, but still too many) are even worse with the men who are (supposed to be) in their lives. Then, later, they don't seem to understand why the guy picks up and runs.

If more females would simply admit the truth, this problem could be solved in a generation or two. So far, I don't see that happening.

EV



[b]In this time of "Me, Me, Me" thinking, no matter what you do, it's still always about "Us"![/b]
06-30-2010 11:31 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Dimaati
Foodie Addict
*****


Gender: Female
Posts: 1,165
Group: Registered
Joined: Jun 08, 2010
Status: Offline
Reputation: 2
Post: #27
RE: Why alot of black women are overly-aggressive?

evens1 Wrote:

Dimaati Wrote:

aliciaJames Wrote:

outlaw4ever Wrote:
omg. this is not anything new. black women are right and men are wrong. thats how all black women feel towards men. its not about being angry. We owe them every thing. our pay check. our homes. our kids. out souls. its not that they are angry. if we gave them all of these things you will never hear them complain. thus, the saying angry black women would not exist. just give them every thing they want.


I don't feel that way towards men and I don't think it's a woman vs man thing. I think too many Black women are too aggressive, think they know everything and are argumentative and nasty. I who started this topic am myself a Black woman, unless you missed that part. I have no attitude but I find the majority of BW/too many to be extremely nasty and generally overly-aggressive. I am not saying other races are nicer( because in general other women are just as nasty, as well as racist towards us). What I am saying though is that as black people we have unique issues and being aggressive to other blacks, fighting them in the workplace, acting more manly than men(when you're a woman) makes things worse for us.


I've seen the trend more in the workplace than elsewhere & it's insane.

Domaati wrote: "I've seen the trend more in the workplace than elsewhere & it's insane."

That is true, but what even the original poster STILL does not understand is that these same Black females (not all thank God, but still too many) are even worse with the men who are (supposed to be) in their lives. Then, later, they don't seem to understand why the guy picks up and runs.

If more females would simply admit the truth, this problem could be solved in a generation or two. So far, I don't see that happening.
EV



I think more see it but just don't care. It's gone on for so long, they're conditioned behavior is just accepted as normal.


"What's the point of havin' a rapier wit if I can't use it to stab people?"

Jeph Jacques, Questionable Content, #1615, March 2010
06-30-2010 11:39 AM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
evens1
Forum Elder
*****


Gender: Male
Posts: 2,473
Group: Registered
Joined: Mar 06, 2007
Status: Offline
Reputation: 9
Post: #28
RE: Why alot of black women are overly-aggressive?

Dimaati Wrote:

evens1 Wrote:

Dimaati Wrote:

aliciaJames Wrote:

outlaw4ever Wrote:
omg. this is not anything new. black women are right and men are wrong. thats how all black women feel towards men. its not about being angry. We owe them every thing. our pay check. our homes. our kids. out souls. its not that they are angry. if we gave them all of these things you will never hear them complain. thus, the saying angry black women would not exist. just give them every thing they want.


I don't feel that way towards men and I don't think it's a woman vs man thing. I think too many Black women are too aggressive, think they know everything and are argumentative and nasty. I who started this topic am myself a Black woman, unless you missed that part. I have no attitude but I find the majority of BW/too many to be extremely nasty and generally overly-aggressive. I am not saying other races are nicer( because in general other women are just as nasty, as well as racist towards us). What I am saying though is that as black people we have unique issues and being aggressive to other blacks, fighting them in the workplace, acting more manly than men(when you're a woman) makes things worse for us.


I've seen the trend more in the workplace than elsewhere & it's insane.

Domaati wrote: "I've seen the trend more in the workplace than elsewhere & it's insane."

That is true, but what even the original poster STILL does not understand is that these same Black females (not all thank God, but still too many) are even worse with the men who are (supposed to be) in their lives. Then, later, they don't seem to understand why the guy picks up and runs.

If more females would simply admit the truth, this problem could be solved in a generation or two. So far, I don't see that happening.
EV



I think more see it but just don't care. It's gone on for so long, they're conditioned behavior is just accepted as normal.

Dimaati wrote: "It's gone on for so long, they're conditioned behavior is just accepted as normal."

Hey D

I've spoken a zillion times in groups about conditioned behaviors and normalized behaviors. Can you (a Black women) explain the the sistahood what both terms mean.

Then, please be kind enough to explain subconscious behavior as well. I just can't stand seeing females coming to this group and thinking that they are doing one thing when in fact they are subconsciously saying and doing something else. Please put the spotlight on these three concepts for us.



EV


[b]In this time of "Me, Me, Me" thinking, no matter what you do, it's still always about "Us"![/b]
06-30-2010 12:23 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Meadows
Legends of the Forum
*****


Gender: Female
Posts: 504
Group: Registered
Joined: May 30, 2010
Status: Offline
Reputation: 0
Post: #29
RE: Why alot of black women are overly-aggressive?

evens1 Wrote:

Meadows Wrote:

evens1 Wrote:

IslandRa Wrote:
A.B.W.  Angry Blackwoman Syndrome...  

This is not a clinically recognized epidemic yet but it is a condition that was coined in Tim's film and which at least labels the anger, attitude and aggressive bitterness of black women.

It is a syndrome because it is passed form mother to daughter for generation after generation.

It has been the norm for so long, that these women are not even aware of it as a problem or negative.  They just think they are what they are and that's that.

This is why it is so difficult to get a woman to see herself and want to change.


Alicia James (aka Gina) wrote: "On a popular black message board.....(when a) question is posed to black men..... the women try to dominate the thread."

That is the same mistake that many Black females make here.Icon_stressed

Icon_arrowIcon_arrowIcon_arrow(Mz Meadows: did you hear that?)

They also did it in my group and on You Tube as well. In fact, this is exactly what many Black females do in their homes to the guys that they marry or live with.

To take things a little further - This same behavior is why many Black men tend to RUN from Black females. Who the hell would accept being stepped on like this?

This stems from the same old belief: Black Men Are No Good, which leads to... even the few good ones don't know what they are doing, so "we" (Black females) know better.

Since when?

EV


Now EV, really? When have I ever been rude to you or overstepped you on this forum? You're saying I've cursed you out, attacked you on a personal level, and made it my business to stuff my opinions down your throat until you cried uncle! Or have I just disagreed with you, which I guess amounts to the same thing in your mind. You know just because you say a thing doesn't make it true, right? So what, if I don't agree with your agenda or pronouncements, as long as I keep it respectful.

And please if you are going to bring up BA89 or IBM, I am willing to leave junior high just as soon as they are. [color=blue]I will of course take them seriously when they start acting serious
Icon_neutral

Mz Meadows Icon_rolleyes

Boy oh boy! Why do you want to spend your life operating in the subconscious? Look up at the things you say and tell me that you are not disrespectful? Stop lying to us and to yourself Mz Meadows!


YOUR MISTAKES

1.) The quote I used was "women try to dominate the thread" ----- Mz Meadows, the word WOMEN is plural. Somehow your ego had no choice but to turn it into a SINGULAR word as if the statement was a direct attack on you.

The word WOMEN, as in "women try to dominate the thread", --- means that you and other females together have been trying to dominate the TBM board.

Mz James said that this something that she noticed on other Black boards and I agree with her. I made a direct comment to you because you are guilty of doing it and I am sure that you don't understand that you are doing it. That my dear means that I am trying to help you SEE reality, so why bother denying the truth that we all see?

Are you sure you know what the truth is in this case Mz Meadows?

2.) Comments such as "if you are going to bring up BA89 or IBM, I am willing to leave junior high just as soon as they are." are typical comments made by females that we all call ANGRY BLACK FEMALES.

You want me to think that you are somehow neutral and simply trying to debate or display your point, but you don't seem to understand that we have seen your point a thousand times over from hundreds of females. You are saying nothing new Mz Meadows, you are instead doing exactly what many other females and a handful of confused men have done over and over again on this board.

Your logic is ALL based on ---- Don't lump me in with those angry black females. Aka - Don't generalize me - Aka - Don't make me feel bad by saying things about Black females. - Aka - You guys are being mean to ME. This, Mz Meadows is a classic display of NARCISSISTIC BEHAVIOR. (look up the meaning)

In the course of your defensive behaviors, you are trying to deny the reality of tens of millions of Black men in this country and millions of others throughout the world.

Let's face the "truth" Mz Meadows - you are doing all this to try to feel that you are doing "good". In the process you are invalidating the reality of millions of Black men and turning off many of them who happen to see your words. By turning these men off, you are assuring that exactly what you have suggested to several here (including the male troll) occurs. Find a nice woman of any color is your suggestion on several threads. After seeing your comments, that is exactly what many of them will do.

One of the main purposes of this group is to ENLIGHTEN BLACK FEMALES about their behavioral problems and help them CHANGE before the Black community is split. This will never happen as long as Black females can not get over EGO DEFENSE.

Alicia James has done it, so you can change too. Icon_up

Think about it for a few days before you say anything - aka - Do Not fire back a "reflex" response. Think!

EV


Hi, EV!

Ok, I've taken time to mull, so here is my answer to you:

One: When a person is called they come, so if you were just generalizing then you should have left my name outta it. Especially the arrows and asking if I was listening or reading or whatever. Or a challenge or some such nonsense!  So, as to the narcissism, it ain’t narcissistic when someone calls you name!

Two: I think you believe what you are saying so, whatever truth you hold, you should keep. But, I also think that you believe that if I disagree with you or others on this board, than I am being disrespectful. I could say that you don't know me to know if I have behavioral problems or not, but I realize that you are just generalizing again.

As for generalizations, if you or any male on this board stated, my ex-wife or girl or giraffe did this or that, I don't pop up like a daisy and say "wait a minute, no she didn't, you must be exaggerating about that," 'cause I believe you can only speak to your own experience. For me to invalidate anything any person says about their life, I would have to know them. I just know that no person, always does or is or says anything. As my granda would put it, “there are three sides to the story, your side, and my side and then there’s the truth!”

I believe that females like me are in a catch 22. If I agree with something you've said then I am of course waiting to pounce with "feminist or ABW" rhetoric, that I don't really care about the issues, or that I am trying to gain brownie points. If I disagree than I am an ABW who is here to callously trample over your feelings on a subject in my attempts to discredit you or invalidate you point.

So, since I am caught between a proverbial rock and an EV, I will continue to writing out posts that I feel are valid, logical responses, my opinion on things said, and continue to sift though the tripe to learn something useful. I won't be shamed or curtailed or bullied into seeing things your way just because you say so. I will try to keep an open mind about these issues and will do my best to respect your opinions even though you obviously don't respect mine. Which is cool?

Respectfully,
Meadows

BTW, if every black man in America decided to date IR, then so what? As a product of such why would I be worried about that? Does dating or marrying IR null his blackness or null the fact the his kids will be considered at least half black?[/color] Also you made a point to say this forum is about education BW about their behavioral problems, which of course is making the assumption that "all" BW or at the very least "most" BW have behavioral issues, which may be true, but is still an assumption.


The moment we begin to fear the opinions of others and hesitate to tell the truth that is in us,... the divine floods of light and life no longer flow into our souls. ECS
06-30-2010 12:36 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Dimaati
Foodie Addict
*****


Gender: Female
Posts: 1,165
Group: Registered
Joined: Jun 08, 2010
Status: Offline
Reputation: 2
Post: #30
RE: Why alot of black women are overly-aggressive?

I will try, Evens1. Please add on or correct if you like since I deviant behaviors is more my interest, lol!!

Anyone can look up the definiation online if they like.  The examples are my own & I tried to use some common examples that people can relate to.

Normalizing behavior can be characterized as acceptable behaviors of group. Also can be called norms. Example: It is acceptable behavior for Black people to fry chicken because many Black people fry chicken & it's acceptable by the community to fry chicken.

Conditioned behaviors are behaviors that are trained into a group from a given response. Example: Black people are conditioned to cringe when hearing a police siren because of the hisorty of the experiences with the police in the Black community. Or think Pavlov's Dog experiements:  http://nobelprize.org/educational/medici...dmore.html

Subconscious behaviors are behaviors that are not conscious or thought of behaviors. Most of these would be considered blind reactions to a stimlus/situations.  Example: Someone in a crowd does a 'get the hell out' run. No one knows why. Your reaction, do a 'get the hell out' run too.


"What's the point of havin' a rapier wit if I can't use it to stab people?"

Jeph Jacques, Questionable Content, #1615, March 2010
06-30-2010 12:58 PM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Pages (7): < Previous 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 Next >
Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites
Rate This Thread:

Forum Jump: